I’m your potential customer, or so you think. I’m sorry, but you really don’t know me, do you?
I have zero interest in your offering, unless you can first prove you did your homework on me.
I care zero for your features and benefits, by the way. As David Meerman Scott famously said “No one cares about your products and services, except you.” I simply don’t care.
Let me ask you a few questions - to see if you really did your homework:
- What’s the process I use to eliminate choices in my buying process?
- Where do I turn for trusted information?
- What questions do I need answered at each stage of my buying process in order to buy your product?
- What are my top priorities and how do they align with what you’re trying to sell me?
- How do I measure success and how can your offering help?
- Why might I not buy your offering? Do you know how to overcome my objection?
- On what criteria do I make my buying decision?
How did you do? Were you able to answer most of the seven?
If you did not, and few companies actually have the answers to those questions, then they are excellent candidates for a buyer persona initiative.
To learn more, download the free e-book For Compelling Content, Let Buyers Be Your Guide.
What do you think? We love comments and those who are on social media too.
Jeff Ogden, President of the nicest company in B2B marketing today, Find New Customers, was trained in the Buyer Persona Master Class by the Buyer Persona Institute.
There’s a BIG announcement from Marketing Made Simple TV coming soon. Stay tuned! The show keeps getting better and better!