Lead Generation Companies | The Phases of a Customer Relationship
Jay Baer of Convince and Convert has a nice way of categorizing relationships with customers, which I share with you.
- Nothing (Does not know who you are)
- Awareness (Knows you but does not buy from you.)
- No Action (Buys but not from you)
- Single Action (Places one order with you)
- Repeat Actions (Orders periodically with you)
- Advocate (Tells others how much they like you)
Where are you on this continuum with your customers today? Obviously, we want all our customers to become advocates. Sometimes it is hard to generalize. One of our largest clients has an Awareness stage in one group and an Advocate in another. But it is our ongoing goal to earn a trusted relationship with each customer of Find New Customers.
What do you think? What kind of relationships does your company have with its customers?