Lead Generation Companies: How to create your own podcasts
Want to use podcasts for B2B lead generation but don’t know how? We have your answers here.
Podcasts are a great way to demonstrate thought leadership for companies and individuals. For instance, your podcasts can become great bait to attract
potential new customers in B2B lead generation. Prospective customers can sync their iPods and iPhones and listen while they exercise, which is a great way to do low cost lead generation. Podcasts are a great way to develop business sales leads.
But how you create professional-sounding podcast? Most of us have no clue. It’s actually very easy and costs almost nothing, if you know what to do.
Let me show you how we do it at the btob lead generation company Find New Customers. (To see our iTunes channel, go to the iTunes store and search for “demand generation.” Subscribe to the free channel for Find New Customers.)
- If you don’t already have an iTunes account, go to Apple.com/itunes and download the software. Create an account.
- Find an industry guru and schedule an appointment for an interview.
- Next, you need to record the interview using a high quality recording service. We use SpiderPhone. Spiderphone will create an audio file that ends in .mp3. Download that file.
- Edit the .mp3 file. Remove the stumbles. Add music to the beginning and the end to make it sound professional. We use the free software Audacity.
- Sign up for an online podcast site. We use Libsyn. Configure Libsyn to connect with the iTunes account you created in Step 1. You’ll need to set a bunch of parameters including the credentials for iTunes.
- Upload the edited file to Libsyn. Libsyn will host it (and you can share links from there) but it will also send it to iTunes using RSS (Real Simple Syndication)
- Soon after you upload your file, your podcast will appear in your channel on iTunes.
- Line up more interviews and repeat the process. Over time, you’ll develop a robust channel of content.
- Tweet it, Facebook it, Linkedin post it. Email it to your customers and prospects.
We hope this tips are helpful and help you to create a lot of compelling content for 2011. Good luck.
What do you think? We love comments and people who share.
Jeff Ogden is President of Find New Customers “Lead Generation Made Simple” Check out the online show every Friday at 11am ET, “Laugh and Learn with the Fearless Competitor.” Find New Customers is one of few lead generation companies in New York. Follow Jeff on Twitter or download the highly acclaimed white paper on sales lead generation here.
How to Find New Customers
Find New Customers helps companies like yours (with 150 to 5,000 employees and complex products) implement lead generation programs to improve the way you find and acquire high quality sales leads using best practices in online lead generation. Quality leads matter. In fact, a recent study found that sales teams with fewer, high quality sales leads closed more than sales teams with more leads of dubious quality.
If you wish to do sales lead generation online, contact the B2B lead generation experts at Find New Customers. Use the form below to send a personal note to Click to Reply to post a permanent comment here.