Can you market to business customers using social approaches today?
Social Media expert Paul Gillin tackles this question in his new book, Social Marketing to the Business Customer.
When you buy the book, we invite you to turn to Chapter 12 to readÂ Lead Generation. Paul quotes me as President of Find New Customers on pages 160 and 161:
Social marketing also shifts more responsibility for managing leads up the funneL â€śA lot of the sales cycle has moved back into marketing,â€ťobserves Jeff Ogden, a technology marketing veteran who now runs Find New Customers, a lead-generation consultancy. He notes that the sales organization has traditionally played an important educational role in customer engagements, but â€śnow prospects look up information online and avoid contact with sales people.â€ť
Thanks for including me in your book, Paul. Iâ€™m honored.
Can you find new customers using social marketing?
We also invite you to visit our sales-oriented blog, the B2B Sales Lounge.
What do you think? We love comments and people who share.
Jeff Ogden (@fearlesscomp) is a popular speaker and presenter who is the President of the B2B lead generation consultancy, Find New Customers. Find New Customers helps companies dramatically improve revenue results by transforming the ways they attract and earn the trust of prospective customers. Contact Find New Customers by calling (516) 495-9350 or sending an email to sales at findnewcustomers.com.
Find New Customers helps companies (with between 150 and 5,000 employees who sell complex products to businesses) to implement world-class lead generation programs. As companies struggle to create quality sales opportunities, they turn to lead generation companies like Find New Customers.
â€śIf more companies listened to (Find New Customers) a lot more would be sold.â€ť Dan McDade, Pointclear.
Are you looking to get the word out on your business? Do you feel invisible? We can help.
Maybe you need a really big megaphone. We might be able to help. Weâ€™re something of rock stars and we can turn you into rock stars too.
One key point - shouting doesnâ€™t work. But social networks let a small company compete with the biggest companies on Earth.
Letâ€™s start with a few questions for you.
- How often is your blog updated? (multiple times a day - 3+)
- Do your blog articles appear also on other popular blogs? (Eloqua, Marketo, MarketingProfs, SavvyB2B, etc.)
- What score do you get in TwitterGrader? (100 out of 100 - the highest possible grade) How many followers do you have? (Over 3,500)
- How many YouTube videos do you have? (69)
- Do you have a Facebook fan page? (Yes)
- Do you have an iTunes channel filled with podcasts? (Yes)
- Do you have narrated slide presentations in Slideshare? (Yes)
- Have you ever been the special guest on HubspotTV? (We have)
- Are your blog articles, YouTube videos, Slideshare presentations, etc. optimized for Google? (Yes)
If the answers are not what you would like (and you like what you see inÂ parentheses, which is what we have, talk to Find New Customers.
- We revitalized the B2B Sales Lounge for OneSource and handle all their social media needs.
- We created great content for Marketo, Eloqua, Aprimo and others.
- We write this blog, which has almost 40,000 readers and is featured on the Eloqua blog tree.
- All of our content is optimized for search.
- We are quoted on pages 160 and 161 of the new book by social media expert Paul Gillen in his new book, Social Marketing to the Business Customer.
- Weâ€™ve appeared on HubspotTV and hosted a roundtable discussion on B2B lead generation for Focus.com.
Bottom line: If you want a big megaphone for your business, talk to us. And we invite you to visit our sales-oriented blog too - the B2B Sales Lounge.
Send an email to jeff.ogden at findnewcustomers.com or call 516 495-9350. Or fill out the form below.
Weâ€™ve been talking about this for weeks, so we will close here. The final standings are:
4. Laugh and Learn with the Fearless Competitor (3%)
3. Juan Eloqua by Eloqua (6%)
2. You Donâ€™t Know Jack (about online marketing) by Marketo (36%)
1. Suitemates by Kinaxis (55%)
Hereâ€™s recap of the winners.
This witty campaign by Eloqua used the famed Juan Valdez model of a coffee grower. (Behind the scenes: The hacienda used in the video is actually the home of their Chief Marketing Officer, Brian Kardon, cleverly disguised.)
You Donâ€™t Know Jack (About Online Marketing
This campaign, by the marketing automation software company, Marketo, used the game developers at Jellyvision to create a fun and interesting way to test business knowledge.
This is from the supply chain software company in Ottawa called Kinaxis. Whatâ€™s interesting about this video series, is they make light of their own industry. Kinaxis has a lot of great video content with tons of humor, but this campaign - witty and remarkable, is their very best. Itâ€™s also won numerous awards.
Laugh and Learn - featuring the Fearless Competitor
We hate to plug ourselves but this weekly series is a hit. And since we talk about marketing key #2 - Entertain, we live it.
Our aim is to share someÂ irreverentÂ humor each week. Each Friday we publish a new one for the enjoyment of our fans.
A weekly online TV show by this Cambridge, MA inbound software company is fun andÂ irreverent. (Check out the Behind the Scenes post here) In addition, yours truly, theÂ B2b lead generation expert, the Fearless Competitor, appeared live on HubspotTV on November 19, 2010. Clicking the image plays the show I was on.
Those are a few of the favorites we found in 2010. Did we miss any? Weâ€™re happy to add to the list any suggestions you may have. And if you enjoyed this post, could you please Re-Tweet it and/or comment on it?
What do you think? We love comments and people who share.
Jeff Ogden is President ofÂ FindÂ New Customers â€śLead Generation Made Simpleâ€? Check out the online show every Friday at 11am ET, â€śLaugh and Learn with the Fearless Competitor.â€ť Find New Customers is one of few lead generation companies in New York.
Find New Customers helps companies like yours (with 50 to 5,000 employees and complex products) implement lead generation programs to improve the way you find andÂ acquire high qualityÂ sales leads using best practices in online lead generation. Quality leads matter. In fact, a recent study found that sales teams with fewer, high quality sales leads closed more than sales teams with more leads of dubious quality.
If you wish to do sales lead generation online, contact the B2B lead generation experts at Find New Customers, using the form below or follow the Fearless Competitor on Twitter, @fearlesscomp. If you wish to leave a permanent note, click on Leave a Reply.