- A couple of earlier blog articles tell the story:
- 7 out of 10 businesses say high quality leads is their top challenge (MarketingSherpa)
- Outsourced lead generation gives 43% better results than in-house.
Put these together and it tells a great case why you should hire a company like Find New Customers to help you implement a lead generation program in your business.
There are two reasons why businesses get better results from outsourced lead generation.
- Faster and better results — having done it for a long time with many clients and employers, an outsourced company has seen it all. They know the step by step process and how to handle every challenge and what partner(s) to reach out to. In many respects, lead generation is akin to building a house. It takes time, but you need plans and to start with the foundation.For instance, one of the most important steps at the beginning is the development of buyer personas. Not only do we have a documented process, we know people like TenTon Marketing, who specialize in personas and content marketing. The result: You get value in a fraction of the time it would take an in-house person. And since we know exactly what we’re doing, you get much better results. Faster time to value means less cost too.
- Lower cost — Just like one does not buy a wood chipper when you can rent a top-of-the-line one, demand generation is a service best left to the pros. Faster results and less risk means lower costs.
As a client said to me, demand generation is critical to their business. Amen! But they reached the wrong conclusion - ‘we need it in-house.’ In reality, means more than ever, you need the pros like the ones at Find New Customers.
We should also qualify at the dollars and cents. Let’s examine the cost over three years of an in-house person vs. Find New Customers. We assume that our expertise could complete the job and set you up in as little as 6 months.
- Hire VP or Director of Field Marketing
Salary: $125,000; Benefits: $50,000 = Three Year Cost = $495,000
- Contract with Find New Customers for 6 month program
Cost: $90,000: Travel: $10,000 = Three Year Cost - $100,000
Three year savings = $395,000
Seems a financial no-brainer. What do you think? Are you convinced to outsource Demand Generation? We love comments.
Check out our Thought Leadership Interview series.
Jeff Ogden, the Fearless Competitor, is President of Find New Customers “Lead Generation Made Simple.” He’s also the author of two highly acclaimed white papers, How to Find New Customers and Definitive Guide to Making Quota, as well the ebook, Prospect Driven Marketing (and he’s about to start on his third white paper) and holds a degree in Marketing from the University of Notre Dame.
Find New Customers helps business develop and implement programs to improve the way they find and acquire new customers using best practices in lead generation.