Attended Selling Power Webinar: 2010 Sales Performance Challenges; Jim Dickie and Gerhard Gschwandtner recently and heard one of my favorite presenters, Jim, present a litany of sorry statistics from the beginning of 2009 (undoubtedly worse today), which I share with my readers:
- 59% — the percentage of salespeople who exceeded quota (the lowest ever measured)
- 86% - the percentage of companies that raised quotas (with poor performance, how can they expect to make quota?)
- 67% — the percentage of companies that froze or reduced lead generation budgets (fewer leads means lower performance)
- 13% — the percentage of companies that invested in sales training (no training. no improvement)
- Under 25% — the percentage of companies that invested in sales tools (no tools. no improvement)
The conclusion is clear. The world of sales is badly broken.The techniques and approaches of the past no longer work.
What can YOU do about it?
Here’s what I recommend.
- Go buy the book Inbound Marketing buy Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah and read it at least twice.
- Then read eMarketing Strategies for the Complex Sale by Ardath Albee.
- Then take what you learned and get to work.
What do you think? We love comments and people who share.
Jeff Ogden is President of Find New Customers “Lead Generation Made Simple” Check out the online show every Friday at 11am ET, “Laugh and Learn with the Fearless Competitor.” Find New Customers is one of few lead generation companies in New York.
Find New Customers helps companies like yours (with 50 to 5,000 employees and complex products) implement lead generation programs to improve the way you find and acquire high quality sales leads using best practices in online lead generation. Quality leads matter. In fact, a recent study found that sales teams with fewer, high quality sales leads closed more than sales teams with more leads of dubious quality.
If you wish to do sales lead generation online, contact the B2B lead generation experts at Find New Customers using the form below.